Limerick Pride Festival 2017
The Limerick Pride LGBTQ Festival 2017 will be taking place starting on Monday 10th – Sunday, 16th July with the Parade on Saturday 15th and will feature a multitude of events from workshops, support meetings and discussions to evenings of music and club nights, to cater to the Pride needs of everyone.
This year’s Pride will have an educational aspect. Support meetings will be held during the week for youth, adult and trans groups. GOSHH, 18 Davis Street will provide Rapid HIV testing at different points in the week.
Events for the week are as follows:
Monday 10th – Limerick Pride’s Official Launch at Limerick City Hotel from 6pm to 8pm.
- LGBTQ Art Exhibition and a Stanza Poetry Performance
- Christian Moretti, writer and LGBTQ Activist will be launching his new book ‘Glory is for the Vain, Fight is for the Brave’.
- Followed by a free BBQ and drinks reception at Brimstone Restaurant.
- Bake With Pride, learn to make rainbow cupcakes in a hands-on baking class.
Location: Hook & Ladder, Sarsfield Street
Limited spaces available, booking essential through Limerick Pride. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
- The Outlet LGBTQ peer social group will run at 6.30pm. Call GOSHH at 061 314354 or email email@example.com for more information.
- LGBTQ Movie Screening at 8pm in University Concert Hall Limerick, followed by a Lip Sync Battle in Strokers.
- Print with Pride bring along your t-shirts, jumpers, tote bags, or simply use some of the paper at the event, to create your own custom Limerick Pride Silk Screen art piece.
Location: Limerick Printmakers Studio & Gallery in Johns Square
Time: 6pm to 7.30pm.
- Followed by Drag Bingo Night in Strokers, which promises to be a great night for all.
- Afternoon T for transgendered people and their friends.
Location: Chez Le Fab
- Madonna Lucia proudly presents her one woman show ‘Not safe for work’
‘Not safe for work’ was a breakout hit at this year’s first ever Limerick Fringe festival and has been updated especially for Pride week. Part autobiographical, part stand up comedy and guaranteed to offend the show deals with body image and sex in the digital age. Adult content.
Location: Dolans upstairs venue.
Time: 9pm. Doors 8pm.
- Mezz Ladies Night kicks off in Chez Le Fab at 8.30pm
- Karaoke Night in Strokers at 10pm.
- Drag-ON Youth Pride Party
Burst out a rainbow closet, stuff your face with rainbow cakes, dance the night away through glitter and bubbles, decorate your own Genderbread biscuit and paint your face in fabulosity.
All welcome ages: 14 – 19 yrs old.
Location: Lava Javas with GOSHH and Limerick Youth Service.
- ‘T’was the night before Pride’
Mickey Martins return for another year to host the pre-pride party with guest DJ’s and camp classics. This is a particularly special year as Mickey Martin’s and Smirnoff have come together to bring legendary act DJ Horse Meat Disco, who will be fresh off the boat from New York Pride to attend Limerick Pride.
Location: Mickey Martins
Time: 9pm – 11.30pm.
- Limerick LGBTQ Pride Parade will bring some extra colour and music to Limerick City Centre, gathering at City Hall and will make its way up O’Connell Street, across Mallow Street to Henry Street, past Arthurs Quay Park and return to City Hall.
Times / Location: Gather at City Hall at 1.30pm. Parade begins at 2.30pm
- Pride Fest 2017 – a Showcase of local LGBTQ culture in Limerick in a lavish marquee in the museum gardens with special guests Hands in Harmony Deaf Community Choir and drag performances from Shyanne O’Shea and Charnell Clearwater and many more.
Limerick legend, actor, director and playwright Myles Breen will be holding his annual Tea Dance, which for many is a highlight of the festival.
Location: Hunt Museum
Time: 3pm – 6pm
- Pride Climax Party with X-Factor star Saara Aalto with support from Limerick singer/songwriter Doreen Grimes.
The evening will be hosted by well-known Limerick drag stars Sheila Fitzpatrick and Madonna Lucia and will feature performances from Dublin’s Paul Ryder and London’s Shyanne O’Shea.
The event will feature 3 DJ’s with DJ Ruth on the main floor, DJ Jules in the Kasbah and Saved by the 90’s upstairs. Three rooms packed with colour, vibrancy and music for all.
Location: Dolans Warehouse
Doors open from: 9pm
Book Tickets Here
- Prideful Recovery Event. Come along to GOSHH for some holistic therapies including Reiki, Tarot and Angel card readings.
Location: GOSHH, 18 Davis Street
Time: 1pm – 5pm