Focus Ireland National Conference on “Ending Youth Homelessness” – Thomond Park Conference Venue, Limerick (15th September 2017)
Focus Ireland are delighted to announce their conference on “Ending Youth Homelessness in Ireland” on the 15th of September in Thomond Park Conference Venue, Cratloe Road, Limerick City from 10.30am – 4.00pm.
What does youth homelessness look like in contemporary Ireland? How can we better respond to the housing and support needs of vulnerable young people and care leavers? What works? What are the key challenges? These are the types of questions which will be explored in September’s national conference on youth homelessness.
This event will be of significant interest to policy-makers, stakeholders and practitioners working in the area of youth homelessness – across all agencies, bodies and organisations. The discussions would also be of relevance to researchers and students working on youth homelessness, the experience of care-leavers and building knowledge on housing-led solutions.
Topics covered in the conference:
- Youth homelessness in Ireland: Trends and patterns
- Housing and social welfare for young people
- Lessons on international ‘Housing First 4 Youth’ models
- Evaluation of Limerick Youth Housing service
- Fostering paths to employment
- Mental health supports
- Policy responses to youth homelessness
Confirmed speakers/chairs include:
- Sr Stan Kennedy (Founder of Focus Ireland)
- Dr Paula Mayock (Trinity College Dublin)
- Eilis Lawlor (Just Economics)
- Stuart Mulholland (Welltree, Scotland)
- Samara Jones (FEANTSA, TBC)
- Dr Joe Finnerty (University College Cork)
- Young people affected by homelessness
- National Youth Council of Ireland
- Poster presentations
….with more speakers to be announced!
To RSVP, please register on Eventbrite (cost €20 but students and unemployed can attend for free): https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/focus-ireland-conference-ending-youth-homelessness-tickets-36926714798
For queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org